Sunday, June 15, 2008

Le Jardin Café (DeLand, FL)

Le Jardin is a Vietnamese-French Restaurant in downtown DeLand, FL. Prices are comparable to many of the surrounding restaurants.

I have eaten several times at Le Jardin and have never been disappointed. My latest lunch was the Lemon Grass Pork Noodles. I have eaten their Lemon Grass Pork Sandwich before and loved the flavor; but the noodle dish was a delight.

The pork was perfectly flavored. It had a slight crispiness on the outside and it was very tender inside. It comes served in a bowl with Vermicelli (Rice) noodles, shredded cucumber and crushed peanuts. The serving was large enough to fill me up.

My lunch mate had the California Wrap which consisted of a soft tortilla filled with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and honey Dijon dressing. By filled, I mean it was generously filled. It was very tasty and true to that "California" vibe with their own twist. My lunch mate enjoyed it immensely but only managed to eat three quarters of it before being satiated.

We both spent around $12 including taxes and tip.

Le Jardin Café
103 W. Indiana Ave. (Just off of US 17/92 - Woodland Blvd.)
DeLand, FL 32720
386-740-0303

Taste 8.5
Service 8.5
Bang for your buck 8


[Edit] Update for 2010. This wonderful restaurant fell victim to the downturn in the economy. It is no longer open.

No comments: